Visit to a traditional apiary & typical lunch
Honey is an exceptional nourishment produced by bees thanks to the nectar of flowers. Depending on the flower of origin, a different honey is obtained, presenting a unique flavour, colour and properties. In the area of Alicante, rosemary, orange blossom and multi-floral honey predominates, harvested and packed directly by the beekeeper without mixtures or other treatments, being a 100% natural product.
In this activity, developed in the countryside, we will visit a traditional apiary. We will approach the world of bees to discover their interesting and complex organization and the importance of their preservation as a species.
After an explanation about the different types of bees and their way of working, we will don special beekeeper clothing to protect from bites and to experience in person and in a secure way, the passionate work of the beekeeper. We will be able to identify the foraging bees, those responsible for taking care of the hive and even the drones and the queen bee.
We will have the opportunity to participate in a honey tasting and acquire natural products directly from the beekeeper, without intermediaries.
Then, we will visit the Atalaya Castle, built by the Almohads in the 12th century. After that, we will enjoy a full lunch based on typical products of the region.
If you are passionate about traditional activities linked to the natural environment and want to know more about its conservation, then this is your experience. Come to learn and have fun while you enjoy the bees and all the benefits that surround them.
- We will travel to a traditional apiary located in a rural area.
- We will learn all the secrets about bees and how they are organized inside and outside the entrance.
- We will dress as beekeepers to experience first-hand life in the hive.
- We will carry out a tasting of freshly collected natural honey.
- You will have the opportunity to buy fresh honey and other products such as pollen, royal jelly, etc.
- Atalaya Castle guided tour.
- Full lunch with high quality local products.
- If you are allergic to bees or think that might be, you can only participate at your own risk.
- Closed shoes are compulsory. People wearing sandals won’t be allowed to participate in the practical part.
- This experience involves direct contact with living beings. If bees are feeling nervous, due to adverse weather conditions or other reasons, the hives won’t be opened.
Info & bookings
Bookings must be made in advance.
Tel / WhatsApp: +34 677030327